Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
The new Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system at Austin Regional Clinic allows ARC physicians and medical teams to better communicate with each other and with you, our patients, providing even more coordinated care. MyChart, the patient portal, gives you more access to your physician and your data in ways you have never had before, empowering you to manage your health more completely and helping us make health care easier for everyone. ARC will implement the new systems gradually at all of our clinics from July 2013 through March 2014.
Why is this better for you?
EMRs contain the same information as your paper record but in an electronic form. With an EMR, this information is accessible to your health care providers through computers throughout the ARC clinic system. With this electronic system, patients have a single, secure medical record across all ARC locations.
Benefits to you of EMRs:
- Your health information is up-to-date.
- Your health information is up-to-date because providers and clinicians have access to real-time patient information.
- All your ARC providers will be updated about your health because the EMR provides a single, secure medical record across all ARC locations.
- Your allergies and adverse drug reactions are recorded and easy to see.
- Your test results are sent directly to your medical chart.
- Improved legibility, accuracy and completeness means improved quality and safety in patient care.
- Your prescriptions can be sent electronically directly to your pharmacy.
- Your printed After Visit Summary (AVS), including education and prescription information, will help you manage your health.
With MyChart, you can
- View your test results and medications
- View your personal health summary
- Message your provider's office
- View & cancel appointments
- Update your contact information
- View & print immunization records
- Manage your loved ones' health care
Easier Access. Better Health
Read more about MyChart features.
We Want To Hear From You
*By using this form to communicate with austin Regional clinic (ARC), the information will be transferred over the internet. ARC uses Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption in order to secure the information you send to us over the internet. There may be times when we cannot respond to your request in email format and another method of communication will be used. For your privacy, please consider the information you include, and who, besides you, may have access to your email account.